Thursday, November 30, 2006

Patterson Station

Note: this week I've been using the Skytrain to get to and from work. I'm pretty sure that the streets that I use to bike to work are covered with ice, since they are not Arterial Automobile streets. Part of me wants to do the 15km trip just to see what it would be like, but another part of me does not want to fall repeatedly or subject my nice new bike to the dirt etc. I should buy a junker mountain bike for these situations. Patterson Station is where I sat on a MK I Skytrain car for an hour (more?) yesterday evening. I left work at around 1700h and the Skytrain arrived at my station almost immediately. The platform was crowded but that's not unusual, especially in exceptional weather. The train left as usual, but only made it one station down the line before stopping for at least an hour. Fortunately I had a book to read. And read it I did. About 80 pages. So I can't wait for this snow to disappear from the city. I do not want to ride the Skytrain anymore.