Monday, January 15, 2007

Snow

I rode the SkyTrain to work 4 out of 5 days last week. It drove me crazy. I took the train for more than 3 years and didn't mind too much. But after 6 months of commuting on a bicycle I cannot go back. The only upside to the train is that I get a lot more reading done.

The route has several spots that are covered with ice. The paths in Central Park are covered in hard packed snow. I partially deflated my tires to get more contact and that seems to help -- there were only a couple of spots where I slipped a bit and they were slopes with corners that were ice and snow covered. But on pavement it's like riding on marshmallows.

It's supposed to snow tonight. I hope it doesn't start before I leave for home. And I hope it doesn't make the roads any worse. I do not want to take the train tomorrow.

Labels: , ,