Saturday, October 20, 2007

Recovery!

It has been ten months since my bicycle was stolen.

This morning at 9:00am I got a phone call from the Vancouver Police Department. The detective told me that he had some good news for me. I immediately said My bike!!1! Yes, it was about my bike. Someone had brought my Devinci bicycle into a pawn shop on Hastings street, near the Army and Navy store. Did I want it back?

Yes, I wanted it back. So about an hour and a half later it was delivered to me by the detective. He brought it over in the trunk of his car. Amazing.

The original cranks and pedals are on the bike; I can tell because I removed the reflector on one side of each pedal to install toe clips. The toe clips are gone. The original brakes are on the bike, I think; the MEC cartridge style pads that I had put on the bike just before it was stolen are there. My retractable basket is gone, but the rack is still there. The original rear wheel with original tire is on the bike. And a new, crappy wheel is on the front.

I still can't believe it. I tightened up the rear brake cable, and with a little air in the tires it would be ready to ride. So now I have three bicycles, which is just about the right number, for now.

If only that bike could talk. How many owners has it had? What crazy adventures has it been on for the past ten months?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home